What do I need to remember about Rail&Fly online tickets?
- You can only book a single one-way ticket to the airport or a return ticket to and from the airport. You cannot book a one-way ticket from the airport by itself.
- The number of passengers in the flight booking is always the same number as for Rail & Fly online tickets (optional return journey).
- Rail & Fly tickets are only available for international Germanwings flights to and from our German airports and are valid for second-class travel on all scheduled Deutsche Bahn trains (InterCityExpress, InterCity, EuroCity, InterRegioExpress, RegionalExpress, RegionalBahn and S-Bahn (urban trains)). They include IC and EC surcharges and ICE supplements. They are not valid on Deutsche Bahn car-transport trains, special trains, InterConnex, Cisalpino and non-federally owned trains (NE trains). On the ICE Sprinter and Deutsche Bahn night trains/CityNightLine services you have to pay the standard surcharge.
- Infants under 2 travel for free when accompanied by their parents/grand-parents.
- Rail&Fly online tickets cannot be transferred, rebooked, refunded or cancelled. Please contact the call centre if you have any queries.
Rail&Fly online tickets cannot be booked via Germanwings for flights operated by our partner airlines. The conditions of each respective airline apply.
If your booking consists of an etix® ticket number and/or a Germanwings flight booked via one of our partner airlines or through a(n) (online) travel agency, please contact the respective partner airline or travel agency to book Rail&Fly tickets.
- Before departure you are welcome to reserve a seat at your nearest station or at any Deutsche Bahn travel agency. (Please contact Deutsche Bahn for fares.)
- Rail&Fly online tickets are only valid in conjunction with the identity card (BahnCard/credit card) registered during the booking process. The registered identity card should be carried with you in the train.
- Rail&Fly tickets aren’t available for domestic German flights, connecting flights or flights from and to Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Salzburg, Vienna or Zurich.
- Rail&Fly online tickets are only valid for travel in second-class carriages.
For timetabling queries and train connections throughout Germany please contact Deutsche Bahn on 0800/1507090 (freephone) or online at http://www.bahn.de/.