Can I reserve a seat when I book?
You can reserve a seat in advance on all Germanwings flights for a charge.
In the SMART fare you can reserve a preferred seat free of charge.
In the BEST fare you can reserve a preferred seat in rows 1-3 (on the entire Airbus fleet) with greater legroom free of charge. The adjacent seat will be free, giving you more privacy.
It’s easy to reserve a seat up to 3 hours before departure – during the online booking process, using our mobile services, via the call centre or at the airport counter. During the online booking process you can reserve a seat in the second step by clicking on the seat you prefer in the seat diagram.
You can also reserve a seat subsequently up to 30 minutes before departure.
Please note that the following people cannot sit in the row next to the emergency exit on Germanwings flights, the authorities deeming there to be a security risk:
- infants and children (up to and including 17 years of age)
- people who bring animals on board
- expectant mothers
- people with physical and/or mental disabilities
- people with reduced mobility due to their body size or age
When you reserve a seat next to the emergency exit, you declare that you and the people you are booking for do not fall into any of these categories. If you do fall into one of these categories, we reserve the right to allocate the person(s) in question a different seat. We will not reimburse the reservation cost. In case of doubt Germanwings cabin crew have the right to decide.
For flights operated by our partner airlines the respective airline’s conditions apply.
Further questions regarding "General information on booking"
- How can I book? »
- What is the latest I can book? »
- How can I book additional services? »
- Do I need a visa to travel to any of your destinations? »
- Will I receive a ticket when booking a flight? »
- Is my booking transferable to another person? »
- What happens if I do not receive or have lost my booking confirmation or booking reference? »
- Can I reserve a seat when I book? »
- Do I have to confirm my flight reservation? »