What do I do if my checked baggage has been lost?
If your luggage has gone missing, please go straight to our Lost & Found counter in the arrivals area at the destination airport to report the matter. We cannot process claims at a later date.
In the first five days after your luggage is lost the airport you registered the loss at is solely responsible for retrieving it.
Thereafter our head office is responsible. To further process the case please send us the following original documents by post to the following address:
- booking code (online confirmation number)
- report of loss from the destination airport
- the baggage inventory form (BIF) provided by the airport, fully completed and signed
- your bank details (remember to include your IBAN and swift code if you have a non-German account)
- your telephone in case we need to contact you with any queries or information
- your baggage tag
PLEASE NOTE: You must not send us any credit card details.
Lost & Found Headquarters
Fax: 02203-1027 208
We very much regret that we have not yet been able to find your luggage, but please be reassured we are doing everything to retrieve it as quickly as possible.
Luggage status update:
Using Germanwings’ online baggage tracing system you can check on the progress of your luggage inquiry.
If your checked luggage was lost during a flight operated by one of our partner airlines, please contact the airline directly.